You know I’m kind of woo-woo. Like I listen to voices in my head.
Well, this morning one of those voices whispered loudly to me: “Launch your course”.
That’s all it said.
Okay…I hadn’t even been thinking about this course, so preoccupied with finishing my book.
This course outline has been sitting on teachable for about a year now and it’s time to share it with you. Wherever you are on your journey, the course has a lot to teach you.
Here’s how it works:
The course will come out in manageable and affordable chunks.
First course in the series:
- Learn how to support people seeking nutritional alternatives to psychiatric meds, or who are in withdrawal and need nutritional support.This course will cover different considerations in how to support those looking to make nutritional adjustments.
- You will learn about different body types, constitutions and nutritional needs, so you can be confident (and humble) in coaching or consulting with those those seeking support to be psychiatric med free.
- You will come away armed with ideas for different body types in all 4 seasons, and in different phases of withdrawal.
- Once you are a consultant, helping people with their food choices in a way that isn’t threatening, dogmatic or overwhelming is crucial.
- What are go to easy foods for withdrawal and/or for people going through a lot of trauma who may not have the focus or energy to cook?
- How can people with limited money and resources still eat well?
- Learning about nutrition for yourself, as well as for others. How can you bring more strength and harmony to your life with nutrition?
The full training is in everything I’ve learned in the past 15 years about professionally supporting people in alternatives to psychiatric drugs and 6 years of having a consulting business. These modules will be unrolled one at a time. This course is the first module ONLY.
When you complete the course, you will have all of the knowledge and confidence you need to consult with others coming off psychiatric drugs.
You are welcome if you want to learn the info but aren’t sure if you are interested in being a professional consultant. The full course will cover the ins and outs of how to consult with people seeking alternatives.
You can take as many or as few modules as you’d like. It’s self paced and you can go back to any of it at any time.
Modules for Course in Alternatives to Psychiatry Consulting
- Nutritional coaching
- Herbs and Supplements
- Things to be aware of in withdrawal
- Teaching self care and self prioritization
- Creativity and uncovering the meaning and purpose in diagnosis/life of clients
- How to research online about psych meds, withdrawal etc
- Build your referral network
- Educating clients/families/the public about withdrawal
- Blogging and marketing
- Bringing in your personal story (even if you’re not a psychiatric survivor)
- Personal background and specific expertise (micro niche aka nutrition/intuition/yoga etc)
- Working With Families
- Logistics and Ethics
This is a list of topics we will cover-some will be grouped together or with other sub topics.
Hope to see you there in 2019!