Clear all

Unconditional intuitive eating during withdrawal

13 Posts
3 Users
5 Likes
(@prudence)
Topic starter  

Hi my name is Prudence 

I have found that unconditional intuitive eating during withdrawal nourishes me most. So this is listening to my hunger and fullness and eating from all food groups as feels best for me. This includes eating sugar and processed foods. I find as I listen to my body I find a natural and healthy balance.

One of the reasons I choose to eat in this way is because I used to have an eating disorder- I had anorexia and bulimia for 12 years when I was young. I have now been in recovery for over a decade and yet eating in a way that honours my body is very important to me physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

I also find that as I take my journey coming off psych meds that I lose my appetite and I find it helpful to eat foods that I find comforting and enjoyable-perhaps foods from my childhood.

I can still incorporate many of the nourishing guidelines about nutrition from Chaya’s guidance in the nutrition module, I simply listen to my intuition around what feels best for me.

I also feel that when it comes to eating and making food choices body positivity is an important part of that for me. I still have moments of discomfort in my body even though I love and appreciate my body. Loving my body helps me to trust my body and nourish it with food.

Does anyone else on this forum eat intuitively and practice body positivity?

I send you all blessings!

Namaste

Rachael and Chaya reacted
(@chaya)
Member Admin

I love this and all of your forum posts! Maybe you'd like to put them together all into one blog post. I'd also like to post the links on twitter if you're okay with that? I definitely eat intuitively and practice body positivity!!!

Great job with the tags too! You are rocking our forum here 🙂

When you make your blog I can send it out to my email list as well, if you agree.

ReplyQuote
(@prudence)
Topic starter  

Hi Chaya!

i just can’t work out how to post my video on the blog?

i can’t find the left sidebar...

i could upload it on YouTube and then put the link in this forum?

id love to blog on your site I just can’t work it out...any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Chaya reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chaya)
Member Admin

Thanks Prudence. When you are logged in, can you go to the upper left corner and click on the dashboard? Is there a little icon that looks like a half clock? If not I will need to look into this bc I think others are also not accessing the dashboard. I’ll try to send out better instructions and links tomorrow or ASAP.

ReplyQuote
(@chaya)
Member Admin

Are you able to access the posting here with this link?

https://chayagrossberg.com/wp-admin/post-new.php

ReplyQuote
(@prudence)
Topic starter  

No I can’t access it with that link

ReplyQuote
(@chaya)
Member Admin

I just upgraded each of you to higher permissions. Try now?

ReplyQuote
(@prudence)
Topic starter  

Hi Chaya

yes that link worked but I can’t upload my video because it says it is too big

its 10 minutes long. I’m just wondering if there is another way to upload a video?

if not I can make a shorter video or do a written blog 

thanks so much for your help 

Chaya reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chaya)
Member Admin

Yay! I’m glad it worked. Will you tell us how you got in bc others are having trouble accessing it too. I would suggest for a video you upload it on YouTube and then embed it into your blog post by dropping the link. Let me know if that works. That’s what I always do.

Otherwise there are ways to compress the file size of your video like via handbrake. 

ReplyQuote
(@prudence)
Topic starter  

Hi chaya

i just posted my blog

did you see it?

namaste

Chaya reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chaya)
Member Admin

Great job Pridence! Will you add an image to it? Your image can be a photo you take or a free one from an online site of free images such as pixabay. Having an image will make it show up better on social media when we all share it ❤️❤️❤️

ReplyQuote
(@prudence)
Topic starter  

Hi Chaya

do you know how to add a picture?

ReplyQuote
(@chaya)
Member Admin

Go to “add media” and then upload.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Send me my free EBook on Freedom From Psych Drugs!

* indicates required
Please send me info on (check all that apply)