Notifications
Clear all

Drawrad Introduction

2 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
(@drawrad)
Topic starter  

Seroquel is a strong anti-psychotic that isn't easily withdrawn from from my experience. I got severe akathisia from all the other drug choices, so seroquel was my only option.  600mg of seroquel was the dose usually given upon arriving to the hospital. Carbs were craved on seroquel, it felt compulsive to eat carbs. The constipation was also terrible that I used coffee to move my bowels. I now wish I had known about inulin or other natural ways to move the bowel. 

I am now on Clozaril as the only other drug that doesn't cause akathisia, but is usually regarded as a last resort due to the fatal white blood cell problems that can occur. I am withdrawing 4% every 3 weeks now to try to get off the drug. Don't quit cold turkey on any drug, especially clozaril. Going cold turkey could be deadly. I am looking for an integrative doctor or someone who can sort out the hormonal changes when you take clozaril. It effects growth hormone, prolactin, insulin and leptin. These hormone reactions are complex to me and trying to loose weight is very hard. 

I have been to integrative doctors in the past that have blood tests to look for nutritional deficienties or uncover other problems. The tests I have tried are "NurtiEval" and "SpectraCell" which I will get into in another post. 

There are so many food paths to go down, it can be confusing. About 5 years ago I got into Dr. Wilson's ideas for what to eat. It involved cutting my hair close to  the scalp to get a scientific reading of what was going on in my body called "hair analysis". He has a unique and strict take on what foods are beneficial and how to eat. Take or leave the controversial ideas. 

http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FOOD.DAILY.htm

I hope I can keep blogging about issues and learn from you also. 

Drawrad 

This topic was modified 5 years ago by drawrad

Chaya reacted
(@chaya)
Member Admin

Welcome!!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Send me my free EBook on Freedom From Psych Drugs!

* indicates required
Please send me info on (check all that apply)