Clear all

I need you help

3 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@ktulis)
Topic starter  

Hello,

I want to stop taking Risperidon but don't know how to do it. First of all, I can't consult my psychiatrist because she said I just need to get over drinking it, but I really don't feel I need it. I started taking it two months ago when I willingly went to a hospital because I had troubles with alcohol and had huge panic attacks, they took me off my antidepressants and increased the doze of quetiapinum to 100mg/day, which I am fine with.

However, they also put me on 3mg Risperidon, which at that time I was in no shape to refuse. Risperidon makes me feel bad, I have huge amounts of saliva, absolutely no sex drive (which is a problem for me and my partner), and after taking it I have a stuffy nose up to the point where I can't breath. I don't have schizophrenia or anything alike, I had depression throughout my 20s but it seems to get better, otherwise I'm a regular person, although I do have anxiety issues, but I stopped taking alcohol and that looks to have more or less gone as well.

I read Risperidon has huge withdrawal symptoms and I would like to get off as smoothly as possible. Right now I'm taking 2mg/day and maybe you could help me to develop the tapering period plan? How often and by how much can I lower the dose of Risperidon to avoid huge withdrawal symptoms? I really need help on this one and any advise would be hugely appreciated, thank you very much in advance..

This topic was modified 4 years ago 3 times by Ktulis

(@chaya)
Member Admin

HI there. I'd love to help you to develop a plan. Thank you for your question. This is a very individual and specific case so I can't advise over the forum. I hope to hear from you soon so we can talk.

Since you only started it 2 months ago, you are in a great position to get off safely. 

Here is the link to schedule. https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13960752 I look forward to working with you.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Send me my free EBook on Freedom From Psych Drugs!

* indicates required
Please send me info on (check all that apply)